Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Total Surrender

So this thought came to my mind about 2 weeks ago and has been there ever since. I was assisting in serving the Lord's supper on a Sunday morning and I'm listening to the other pastor teach on the significance of the elements. As Rich is getting ready to serve the bread I am reminded once again that Christ didn't hold anything back when it came to my salvation. Though He may have looked for an out when it came right down to it Jesus gave up everything for me...what if I did the same for him?

In Romans 12:1 Paul writes, Therefore I urge you, brethern, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spritual service to God. What would and what could God do through me if I didn't hold anything back from him? Though we don't counsciously choose to hold something back all of us have at leat one thing that hinders us from reaching our fullest potential is serving Christ. It doesn't have to be a deep dark sercret sin, it can be as simple as a fear, attitude, or personality trait that hinders our walk and service to Christ. I know what it is for me, I don't have a clue what it is for you. But the challenge for all of us is to allow Christ to continually prune us back so our lives can be the purest living sacrifice possible.

No comments: