Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What I can't stop thinking about.

For about the past week two different thoughts have been running through my mind non-stop. They both came out of a lunch with a friend; and since I have lost sleep since our conversation I'm really glad he paid. The first thought is a quote by Andy Stanley, "To reach who no one else is reaching, we have to do what no one else is doing" So what is it going to take to see the vast amount of unchurch, unreached, lost people who are living next door come to Christ? Obviously we have to do more of something because our best efforts thus far are still leaving us terribly short. I don't by any means have an answer I'm just sick of always feeling that we are always failing miserably at reaching the masses. My second thought is that doing the same thing everyone else is doing (as a church) only makes us more effective at reaching those who are all ready reached. A lot of churches and ministries, new and old, have grown because they have mastered an aspect of church life such as teaching, small groups, or worship. Now I completely believe in aspiring to excellence in everything we do; but it cannot be enough to run the best dog and pony show in town. What do we have to do to see more people come to Christ? It you find the anwser let me know.

No comments: